A chronicle of dreams coupled with a picture from waking life.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One Monday Night


I was at a party in a tattoo parlor. The lights were dimmed and multi-colored; red and green reflections bounced off of the walls. The place was filled with people. I wandered around a while, and suddenly felt as if I was in high school, but I knew that I wasn't.

I sat on the edge of futon in a loft, and Heather Price sat down next to me. We started talking, but what we were saying was blurry. I could hear her, but I wasn't sure she could hear me. I asked her if I could meet her in a little while, and then went outside.

A tree stood in the front of the building: large, black and looming. Seth came up to me, and said, "I just came here." I asked him to follow me inside.

We went back upstairs to the futon and Heather asked us if we could come back to her house; she wanted us to stay the night. I wanted her to take us to the stables the next day, and she said we could go. I was thankful that she invited me over.

We stayed until the party thinned out, and then got ready to leave. I couldn't find my coat, but decided that I didn't need it.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington DC Metro Area, MD, United States
Teresa Petro is poetry editor for www.shadysidereview.com. She received her MFA from Chatham University where she studied poetry, publishing, and travel writing. Teresa's poetry is published with The Coal Hill Review, Weave Magazine, Spooky Boyfriend, Anderbo, and The Little Patuxent Review, among others. She's a recipient of The Laurie Mansell Reich Poetry Award. Teresa can be reached at poetryeditor@shadysidereview.com or teresapetro@gmail.com.