A chronicle of dreams coupled with a picture from waking life.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two Dreams Last Week




Wednesday Night


Fall Ride

Leah Scarpelli and I were riding bicycles down Woodland Rd. The autumn leaves crunched beneath our tires. The road was a blur. My bicycle was low to the ground, and I dragged my feet as we crossed Fifth Avenue.

Thursday Night

Spilled Milk

A little African boy asked me to carry a jug of milk to his house for him. I concentrated on not dropping the jug. The walk was long and hot as we passed through barren land and small villages. I kept staring at the yellow jug, and felt pleased that nothing happened. Just as we reached his mother in their house, the jug started to leak. A crack appeared on the side and milk spilled from my hands to the ground.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington DC Metro Area, MD, United States
Teresa Petro is poetry editor for www.shadysidereview.com. She received her MFA from Chatham University where she studied poetry, publishing, and travel writing. Teresa's poetry is published with The Coal Hill Review, Weave Magazine, Spooky Boyfriend, Anderbo, and The Little Patuxent Review, among others. She's a recipient of The Laurie Mansell Reich Poetry Award. Teresa can be reached at poetryeditor@shadysidereview.com or teresapetro@gmail.com.