
Melissa Walker was visiting me in my new apartment. She had just gotten out of the shower and was sitting on my bed in a towel. I asked her what she thought of the bedroom, and then I turned on the radio.
"It's nice," she said, "You have two closets."
I stared at the closets and thought about how something seemed off.
"Do you think that I should bring my desk in here? I kind of like it in the other room as in an office, but I don't know. Something is missing," I said.
"Yes. A couch. A couch is what is missing in here," Melissa told me.
I looked at where she was pointing, "Right there," she said, and directed her gaze to the space in front of the closet that held the heater.
"Let me show you what my sister's room looks like," I said, "It's two different spaces in one space, and I wish I could do that with mine."
I drew a picture of the layout of my sister's apartment. Melissa asked if she could smoke a cigarette.
When Melissa left the room my sister came in. Her hair was bleached blonde and she had streaks of purple and red in it.
"Woah. Your hair is awesome," I told her.
"Yeah, Manic Panic," she said.
"I want to do that with my hair," I looked in the mirror.
"But it looks so good now. Don't change it," my sister said.
When I looked in the mirror, I was astonished at how much my hair had grown--how had I not noticed this? It did look good, better than my hair could ever look.
"Okay, I won't change it now," I said.

No comments:
Post a Comment