A chronicle of dreams coupled with a picture from waking life.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Never Making It


It was 7 o'clock in the morning and I was meant to be at work. I ran around my parents' house like crazy looking for my car keys. My dad had taken my car to the grocery store and my whole mind was in a panic. All I could think about was how much Ryan was going to hate me for being late.

When my dad returned, I jumped in my car and drove all the way to Pittsburgh, but I got lost once I was in the city. I had parked at a random apartment, and was looking for the Gate House. Up and down the stairs, I walked into Robert Isenberg's place where he was sleeping sitting up. He looked at me fuzzy and said, "What are you...?" I ran out the front door.


Ryan was incessantly calling me, and I thought I was going to be fired.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington DC Metro Area, MD, United States
Teresa Petro is poetry editor for www.shadysidereview.com. She received her MFA from Chatham University where she studied poetry, publishing, and travel writing. Teresa's poetry is published with The Coal Hill Review, Weave Magazine, Spooky Boyfriend, Anderbo, and The Little Patuxent Review, among others. She's a recipient of The Laurie Mansell Reich Poetry Award. Teresa can be reached at poetryeditor@shadysidereview.com or teresapetro@gmail.com.