A chronicle of dreams coupled with a picture from waking life.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Down



I met a man at the library. He was tall and blonde and he wanted to go for a walk with me. I couldn't figure out what city we were in and where I was living. We walked to my apartment and laughed the entire way, and the pathway there came naturally.

When we reached where I lived we played on the playground that was in front of my building. We slid down a yellow plastic slide and I told him that I was married. He said, "I would love to meet your husband."

The two men talked and I stood in the background, and then I made my way back to the slide which came out of the house and into the yard. I sat at the top, and decided I wouldn't slide down, but listened to what the men were saying-- still I couldn't hear.

I didn't want to say goodbye to the man that I'd met in the library, but I knew that I had to. When he was leaving I waved and wondered if I'd ever see him again.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington DC Metro Area, MD, United States
Teresa Petro is poetry editor for www.shadysidereview.com. She received her MFA from Chatham University where she studied poetry, publishing, and travel writing. Teresa's poetry is published with The Coal Hill Review, Weave Magazine, Spooky Boyfriend, Anderbo, and The Little Patuxent Review, among others. She's a recipient of The Laurie Mansell Reich Poetry Award. Teresa can be reached at poetryeditor@shadysidereview.com or teresapetro@gmail.com.