A chronicle of dreams coupled with a picture from waking life.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

California Bus Ride



I was riding a city bus in San Diego. I looked out the window and realized that I didn't know where I was, but I couldn't really care. We were passing neighborhoods that seemed familiar, but only in an eerie way-- as if something in those neighborhoods were from a past life. I recognized someone on the bus, and followed him once he got off at his stop. I wasn't sure how I knew him. I hid behind a palm tree as he walked to his front door; a woman who looked to be his mom opened the door. He walked inside. I made my way up to the window and stared in when I realized that it was Kevin I was following. I stepped away from the window-- completely unsure as to how I had gotten to California in the first place. I watched from the sidewalk as he went to a smaller house a couple of streets down. I walked up to the door and knocked, but there was no answer.
I awoke.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

That's a weird dream lol

Anonymous said...

wha? what happened next? whose house did i go to? was it ron burgundy's house? did i open the door? was i wearing tight little '70s shorts? i certainly hope not... hmmm... and you were hiding behind the palm tree, eh? stalking me and such, eh? dictionary.com says "AW-kward... AW-kward..." dream part 2, please...

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington DC Metro Area, MD, United States
Teresa Petro is poetry editor for www.shadysidereview.com. She received her MFA from Chatham University where she studied poetry, publishing, and travel writing. Teresa's poetry is published with The Coal Hill Review, Weave Magazine, Spooky Boyfriend, Anderbo, and The Little Patuxent Review, among others. She's a recipient of The Laurie Mansell Reich Poetry Award. Teresa can be reached at poetryeditor@shadysidereview.com or teresapetro@gmail.com.