A chronicle of dreams coupled with a picture from waking life.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Message

I had a strange text message on my cell phone-- it said:

"There are times when lovers should never be bitter. I am bitter. I wanted to lose this irrational feeling, but I am rash."

I could only read some of what the message said, and I made up the rest. I didn't know who sent it to me, and I turned the phone around in my hand several times before I set it down on a desk. A feeling of lost feeling rose up in me.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington DC Metro Area, MD, United States
Teresa Petro is poetry editor for www.shadysidereview.com. She received her MFA from Chatham University where she studied poetry, publishing, and travel writing. Teresa's poetry is published with The Coal Hill Review, Weave Magazine, Spooky Boyfriend, Anderbo, and The Little Patuxent Review, among others. She's a recipient of The Laurie Mansell Reich Poetry Award. Teresa can be reached at poetryeditor@shadysidereview.com or teresapetro@gmail.com.