Tuesday:
Animal Instrument
Franco was a kitten. I was holding her on my arm: her front paws were hanging off of the front of my arm and her back paws were hanging off the back of my arm. Her fur was soft on my bare skin. I thought: how light she is, how much like an accordian.
Wednesday:
Bad Car Ride
I was at drama practice, I must have been in high school or college. Auntie MJ and Auntie MB came to pick me up. I was waiting in an empty parking lot when Auntie MJ pulled up. I tried to get in the car, but MJ just kept driving. First we rode through the parking lot: half of my body was in the car, and the other half out. I was holding onto the bottom of the front seat, and the rest of my body hung out the door that was swinging open and closed.
As MJ accelerated I flew backwards, Superman style. I held tight to the seat. Auntie MB, who was sitting in the backseat, told her to slow down that I might get hurt, but MJ just kept driving. She looked straight forward at the road with no expression on her face. I thought I would die. I wondered if Auntie MJ was mad at me. Suddenly she stopped at a red light. I jumped into the car and landed in the fetal position on the floor of the passenger's side of the car. I rocked back and forth.
I awoke.

No comments:
Post a Comment