A chronicle of dreams coupled with a picture from waking life.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Indulgence



It was summertime; I was in a sweets shop where my friend, Julie Smith, was working. Her husband, Adam, and his family were outside waiting. I asked Julie if I could try a flavor of ice cream, and then I just kept asking, "Can I try this flavor? Can I try that one?" She used a giant scooper, and handed me the scooper, I ate each flavor directly off of the ice cream scoop. I remember liking the chocolate the best: it was rich and full of flavor. Julie said, "If you just keep trying them then you won't have to buy any." For some reason we laughed. I wanted to try the cakes next.

Adam came into the store, and told us to hurry, that it was time to go to the beach. I walked out of the shop. Adam's brother, Jared, was waiting outside, he grabbed my hand. I wondered where my husband was.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington DC Metro Area, MD, United States
Teresa Petro is poetry editor for www.shadysidereview.com. She received her MFA from Chatham University where she studied poetry, publishing, and travel writing. Teresa's poetry is published with The Coal Hill Review, Weave Magazine, Spooky Boyfriend, Anderbo, and The Little Patuxent Review, among others. She's a recipient of The Laurie Mansell Reich Poetry Award. Teresa can be reached at poetryeditor@shadysidereview.com or teresapetro@gmail.com.